Beyonce Giselle Knowles-Carter, better known by her stage name Beyonce, is an R&B singer who rose to prominence as the lead singer of Destiny’s Child, an all-female group that included Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Beyonce started out as a solo artist after spending a lot of time with the group, which went on to become one of the best-selling girl groups in the history of the world. Her debut album, which garnered five Grammy Awards and sold over 11 million copies worldwide, marked the start of her solo career with a bang. She had shown a strong interest in music and dancing from a young age, and she regularly took part in local talent shows. She beat other contestants who were well into their teens to win a school talent show when she was just seven years old, surprising the authorities at her school. She and some of her friends started a girls’ group when she was young. Her father decided to become her manager because he saw the potential in his daughter. Beyonce launched an even more successful solo career as a singer and actress after her group, which became known as Destiny’s Child, became a very popular music group.
|Age||41 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1981|
|Full Name||Beyoncé Giselle Knowles|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Record Producer, Dancer|
Beyonce Childhood and Early Life
- Mathew Knowles and Tina are her parents. His mother was a hairdresser and salon owner, while his father was a sales manager.
- She also learned to dance while attending St. Mary’s Elementary School. She’s always had a passion for singing.
- In 1990, she enrolled at Parker Elementary School, a music magnet school, followed by the High School for the Performing and Visual Arts and Alief Elsik High School.
- When she was eight years old, she participated in an audition for an entertainment group comprised entirely of girls. She was included in a group called Girl’s Tyme with Kelly Rowland, La Tavia Roberson, and three other girls. After participating in a number of talent shows, the group was offered a deal with Columbia Records.
Beyonce Net Worth
As of February 2023, Beyonce’s net worth is around $500 Million
Also Read : Zendaya biography
Family & Relatives
Father: Mathew Knowles
Mother: Tina Knowles
Sister: Solange Knowles, Bianca Lawson
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Jay-Z (Shawn Corey Carter)
No. of Children: 3
Son: Sir Carter
Daughter: Blue Ivy Carter , Rumi Carter
- Lyndell Locke (1994 – 2000)
- Sean Paul (2003 rumored)
- Jay Z (Married – 4th Apr 2008 to date)
- In 1993, the girls changed the group’s name to Destiny’s Child, and in 1997, they released their self-titled debut album. Their first major hit was the song “No, No, No” from the album.
- In 1999, they released “The Writing’s on the Wall,” their second album. It gave rise to the group’s first No. 1 hit, “Jumpin’ Jumpin,” as well as the huge hits “Bills Bills Bills” and “Say My Name.” Over 8 million copies of the album were sold worldwide.
- “Survivor,” their third album, was even more successful than their previous efforts. The album was nominated for multiple Grammy Awards and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. The singles “Survivor” and “Bootylicious” gained a lot of attention.
- Beyonce launched her solo career in 2003 with her debut solo album, “Dangerously in Love,” inspired by her girls’ group’s success. Uptempos and ballads with elements of hip hop and Arabic music were among the songs. They were influenced by the R&B and soul genres. She became a solo star after the album became a huge hit.
- On September 4, 2006, the day before her 25th birthday, she released her next album, “B’Day.” The album’s musical style is influenced by funk, hip hop, and R&B, all of which were popular in the 1970s and 1980s. The album received very favorable reviews.
- In 2008, she released her second album, “I Am… Sasha Fierce,” which included ballads from the slow and midtempo pop and R&B genres as well as songs from the more upbeat electropop and Europop genres. Over eight million copies of the album were sold worldwide. In March 2009, she began the “I Am… World Tour,” which featured 108 performances.
- She also served as the executive producer and co-writer for her 2011 album “4.” She tried to incorporate contemporary music with traditional R&B. Music critics were very pleased with the album.
- She has also made appearances in a number of movies, including “Carmen: A Hip Hopera, “The Pink Panther,” “Obsessed,” “Epic,” and “A Hip Hopera” were all released in 2001.
Hobbies: Singing, Swimming, Dancing, Reading and Writing
Favorite Movie: Sparkle
Favorite Food: Creole Food, Popeyes, Honey Nut Cheerios
Favorite Color: Pink, Gold
Favorite Pets: Cat
Also Read : Lewis Hamilton Biography
Beyonce Major Works
Her debut album, ‘Dangerously in Love’ was the one which successfully cemented her reputation as a solo artist. The album which debuted at No.1 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart was a big commercial as well as critical success which earned her five Grammy Awards.
The album ‘B’Day’ registered her highest debut-week sales. It included the hit singles ‘Déjà vu’, ‘Irreplaceable’ and ‘Beautiful Liar’. It was successful not just in the U.S. but also internationally and was accredited multi-platinum.
‘I Am… Sasha Fierce’ was one of the most successful albums of her career so far. The album was inspired by folk and alternative rock and went on to be platinum certified in over 17 worldwide markets. The album garnered a whooping eight Grammy Award nominations, winning five of them.
Personal Life & Legacy
- She married singer Jay-Z in 2008 and gave birth to her first child, a daughter, in 2012.
- She along with Rowland founded the Survivor Foundation in 2005 to provide transitional housing for victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- She was named an ambassador for the 2012 World Humanitarian Day campaign for which she donated her song ‘I Was Here’ and its music video.
Unknown Facts About Beyonce
- In addition to captivating listeners with his enchanting voice, Beyoncé also captivated her fans with her aroma products. She has used the name Beyonce to market fragrances.
- From the very beginning, Beyoncé was a star. By performing John Lennon’s “Imagine,” Beyonce won her first talent show and received rapturous applause.
- During the release of “Destiny Child” in the late 1990s, Beyoncé went through a period of depression because some of her group members broke up with her and left her. She was also going through a breakup with her long-term partner.
- Beyoncé is not only a phenomenal performer but also possesses innovative skills. Together with her mother, she runs a business selling dresses. Beyonce was poked in the ear as a child because of her ears. She started a clothing line called House of Dereon.
- Beyonce is known for being the “Most Nominated Woman in Award’s History” and has won twenty Grammys.
- Beyoncé is also known as a practicing author and has received a grant from the New York Association of Black Journalist. In 2011, while she was performing “Affection on Top,” she announced that she was pregnant. This was recorded as “most tweets every second recorded for a solitary occasion” on Twitter.
- People magazine named Beyonce the “World’s Most Beautiful Woman” in 2010.
- The guardian of Beyoncé, who was actually protecting her from a group, accidentally stepped on her toe and broke it.
- Anthony Turpel Bio, Age, Net worth, Career, Family, Affair, Education & Full Wiki
- Katy Breier Bio, Age, Career, Net worth, Family, Husband & Full Wiki
- Samantha Logan Bio, Height, Parents, Age, Boyfreinds, Movies, Images Career & Full Wiki
- Julez Smith Bio, Age, Video, Instagram, Baby, Father, Net worth & Full Wiki
- Anjini Dhawan Bio, Age, Career, Family, Net worth And Full Wiki