Jennifer Grey is an American actress who came into prominence in the 1980s. She comes from a family that is associated with the entertainment industry; her parents are actors, while her grandfather was a musician and comedian. Jennifer Grey began her career by appearing in commercials. Soon after, she began receiving offers for minor roles in movies. She started hogging the limelight during the 1980s, thanks to some of her best performance in films like ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ and ‘Dirty Dancing.’ However, a motor accident in 1987 forced her to take a break from acting. Jennifer Grey returned to the entertainment industry shortly afterwards and has exhibited her skills on multiple platforms. She has been part of commercials, television series, television movies, and feature films. She has also judged television dance competitions.
|Age||62 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1960|
|Full Name||Jennifer Grey|
|Birthplace||Manhattan, New York, United States|
Table of Contents
Jennifer Grey Age
Jennifer Grey, born on March 26, 1960, is currently 52 years old and belongs to the zodiac sign Aries, based on our latest research. Throughout her career, she has accomplished numerous feats. If you are a fan of Jennifer Grey, then read on to discover more about her. With a large following of fans, Jennifer Grey has gained immense popularity. She was born in New York, New York, United States.
Jennifer Grey Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||34-24-32 Inches|
|Height||5 Feet 3 Inches (1.60 m)|
|Weight||50 kg (110 lbs)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||7 US|
|Dress Size||2 US|
Also Read : Gigi hadid biography
Jennifer Grey Nationality
Jennifer Grey holds American nationality. A person’s nationality is something that they can make their country proud of by excelling in their chosen profession. When someone becomes famous, their nationality shines alongside their name. Therefore, it is natural for fans to be curious about the nationality of their favorite celebrities or stars.
Jennifer Grey Career
- Jennifer Grey began her career at the age of 19 when she became part of a commercial advertisement for the soft drink brand ‘Dr. Pepper.’
- In 1984, she made her film debut with a minor role in ‘Reckless.’ This was followed by a small role in the movie ‘The Cotton Club.’ She also starred in the war film ‘Red Dawn,’ which released the same year. In 1985, Jennifer Grey appeared in the movie ‘American Flyers.’
- In the year 1986, Jennifer Grey portrayed the character of ‘Jeanie Bueller’ in the comedy movie ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.’ The movie received much appreciation from the critics. Her next movie turned out to be a milestone in her career and brought her into the limelight. She starred in the drama film ‘Dirty Dancing’ in 1987, opposite actor Patrick Swayze. This limited budget film is considered a classic as it is known to be the first film to sell one million copies on video. Her performance earned her a nomination for the prestigious ‘Golden Globe Award’ that year.
- In 1988, she voiced ‘Airelle’ in the English version of science fiction and fantasy film ‘Gandahar.’ The following year, she starred in the feature film ‘Bloodhounds of Broadway,’ based on author Damon Runyon’s stories. During 1990 and 1991, Jennifer Grey played characters in television movies like ‘Murder in Mississippi,’ ‘Criminal Justice,’ ‘If the Shoe Fits,’ and ‘Eyes of a Witness.’
- Jennifer Grey has made appearances in several popular television shows like ‘Friends’ (1995), ‘Fallen Angels’ (1995), ‘It’s Like, You Know…’ (1999-2001), ‘John from Cincinnati’ (2007), ‘Phineas and Ferb’ (2008-2014), ‘The New Adventures of Old Christine’ (2009), and ‘House’ (2010).
- In 1995, she acted in the television movie ‘The West Side Waltz.’ The next year, she was seen in feature films, such as ‘Portraits of a Killer’ and ‘Lover’s Knot.’ In 1998, she got an opportunity to be part of television movies like ‘Outrage’ and ‘Since You’ve Been Gone.’
- In 2000, she portrayed the role of an airline employee in ‘Bounce.’ In 2006, she acted in the television movie ‘Road to Christmas,’ starring alongside her husband Clark Gregg. Jennifer Grey appeared in the martial arts movie ‘Red Belt’ in 2008 and in the independent drama film ‘Keith.’
- In 2010, Jennifer Grey participated in the 11th season of the TV competition show ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ She was the winner of that season. The following year, she was seen as a judge for the ninth season of the dance competition ‘Strictly Come Dancing.’
- She voiced ‘Mrs. Kurokawa’ in the English adaptation of Japanese animation drama film ‘The Wind Rises’ in 2013. The following year, she was part of projects that received positive reviews from critics. These projects include paranormal romance feature film ‘In Your Eyes’ and comedy series ‘Red Oaks.’
- The actress voiced a character in ‘Duck Duck Goose’ (2018) and had supporting roles in movies like ‘Untogether’ (2018) and ‘Bittersweet Symphony’ (2019). She has also appeared in three episodes of the long-running medical drama series ‘Grey’s Anatomy.’
Jennifer Grey Family & Relatives
Father: Joel Grey
Mother: Jo Wilder
Brother: James Katz
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Clark Gregg (m. 2001)
No. of Children: 1
Daughter: Stella Gregg
Past Relationships: George Stephanopoulos 1992
William Baldwin 1988 – 1991
Matthew Broderick 1987 – 1988
Johnny Depp 1987
Michael J Fox
Jennifer Grey Achievement
One of Jennifer Grey’s biggest achievements in her career was her performance in the 1987 movie “Dirty Dancing”. The film was a huge success and has since become a beloved classic, with Grey’s performance as Baby earning her critical acclaim and a Golden Globe nomination. In addition, Grey has also appeared in a number of other successful movies and TV shows throughout her career.
Jennifer Grey Awards
Jennifer Grey has been nominated for several awards throughout her career, including a Golden Globe nomination for her performance in “Dirty Dancing”. She also won the 11th season of the reality TV show “Dancing with the Stars” in 2010, along with her professional dance partner Derek Hough.
Also Read : Jenna Ortega Biography
Personal Life & Legacy
- It is believed that Jennifer Grey had a relationship with actor Matthew Broderick around the late-1980s. Even though they chose to keep it private, the relationship came to light when the couple met with an accident while on a vacation in Ireland in 1987. She has also been in relationships with American actor and producer Johnny Depp and journalist George Stephanopoulos.
- Jennifer Grey married director, screenwriter, and actor Clark Gregg on 21 July 2001. They have a daughter named Stella, born on 3 December 2001. On July 3, 2020, Gregg and Grey announced that they separated amicably.
- During the 1990s, she underwent two rhinoplasty surgeries after which she stated that even closest friends were unable to recognize her.
- In 2010, Jennifer Grey underwent physical examinations where the doctor found a cancerous nodule on her thyroid. However, it was removed before it spread and she stated that she is cancer-free.
Jennifer Grey Movies
1. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
2. Keith (2008)
3. Dirty Dancing (1987)
(Drama, Romance, Music)
4. In Your Eyes (2014)
(Romance, Fantasy, Sci-Fi)
5. Red Dawn (1984)
6. The Cotton Club (1984)
(Drama, Crime, Music)
7. Redbelt (2008)
8. Wind (1992)
(Action, Drama, Sport)
9. Reckless (1984)
(Drama, Comedy, Romance)
10. American Flyers (1985)
Jennifer Grey Net Worth
Jennifer Grey is an American actress who has a net worth of $10 million.
- Lindsay Vrckovnik Biography, Age, Career, Net worth, Height, Weight And Wiki
- Lottie Tomlinson Biography, Age, Weight, Height, Career, Family And Wiki
- Aletta Ocean Biography, Age, Net worth, Career, Family, Height And Wiki
- Minnie Mills Biography, Age, Net worth, Height, Weight And Wiki.
- Femke Kok Biography, Age, Career, Height, Weight, Net worth And Wiki